If you are someone looking to get a computer science degree to assist a company with cyber security or developmental needs, you may be asked to take a cloud provider test like the AZ-900 exam from Microsoft Azure.
You may be nervous about taking the exam, so we are here to help you prepare for the exam. One of the best ways to prepare for any exam is to take a practice test. This article includes an AZ-900 practice test for you to utilize as well as important information about the exam.
Summary: Use the AZ-900 practice questions below to prepare for your upcoming AZ-900 exam.
AZ 900 Practice Test
The reason why an AZ-900 practice exam is so useful is that you gain exposure to AZ-900 exam questions. By doing so, you will feel even more prepared for the exam and know that you have access to questions that may appear on the exam.
Here are some AZ-900 practice tests for you to take:
|Name of Practice Test||Number of Questions|
|Official Sample Questions||20 questions|
|Kill Exams Microsoft Azure AZ-900 Practice Exam||18 questions|
|PassApply Microsoft Azure AZ-900 Practice Questions||15 questions|
|Pass4itSure Microsoft Azure AZ-900 Exam Questions||15 questions|
|Lead4Pass AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Practice Test||15 questions|
|EDUSUM Microsoft Azure AZ-900 Questions & Answers||10 questions|
Other AZ-900 Exam Questions
There are also online resources that you can use to access AZ-900 practice questions to help you prepare for the exam. Check out some other resources we found below:
|109 AZ-900 Questions||Quizlet|
|286 AZ-900 Questions||Quizlet|
|134 AZ-900 Questions||Quizlet|
The AZ-900 exam can be used in place of both the Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification and the American Council on Education (ACE) college credit certification. In the subsequent sections, you will learn what the AZ-900 exam will look like.
How Many Questions Does AZ-900 Exam Have?
Unlike other standardized tests, the AZ-900 exam will have around 40 to 60 questions. The amount varies from test to test, so there is no guarantee that you will have a certain number of questions. Some people have had fewer than 40 and others have had more than 60.
The total number of questions determines the amount of time you will have on the exam. If you only have thirty-some questions you will likely have around forty-five minutes to complete the exam. If you have more than sixty, you will likely have eight-five minutes to answer all the questions.
The total score on the exam will add up to 1,000. So, your score will be somewhere from 0 to 1,000 no matter how many questions you get on the exam. A passing score on the AZ-900 exam is 700.
Exam Topics AZ-900
There are eight main categories you can expect to see on the AZ-900 test. Here are how the sections of the exam are broken up:
- App Hosting – web apps, mobile apps, API apps, functions, notification hubs, cloud services through apps, service fabric, media services, content delivery network, and media analytics
- Artificial Intelligence – cognitive services, bot services, and Azure ML studio
- Cloud Storage – Azure AD connect health, AD privileged identity management, domain services, backup, Azure monitor, import/export, Azure site recovery, StorSimple, blob, queues, files, and disks
- Compute Services – container services, Azure batch, VM scale sets, dev/test lab, virtual machines, and containers and Azure Kubernetes
- Integration – API management, Azure logic apps, and service bus
- Internet of Things – HDInsight, machine learning, stream analytics, data catalog, data lake analytics service, data lake storage, IoT hub, event hubs, data factory, and Power BI Embedded
- Networking – virtual network, load balancer, DNS, express route, traffic manager, VPN gateway, and app gateway
- Security – security center, Azure portal, Azure active directory, Azure AD B2C, multi-factor authentication, automation, key vault, Azure marketplace, VM image gallery, and rest API and CLI
There are also three main sections outlined by Microsoft that these eight categories fit into:
- Azure Cloud Concepts (25-30%)
- Azure Architecture and Services (35-40%)
- Azure Management and Governance (30-35%)
By getting certification in these areas, you will join the track of at least one of nine jobs in two different categories:
- Apps and Infrastructure – administrator, developer, DevOps engineer, security engineer, and solutions architect
- AI and Data – AI engineer, data engineer, data scientist, and database administrator
Is AZ-900 a Hard Exam?
While this is a foundational-level course, you should expect difficulty from the exam. Some of the questions are asked in unique ways that may present a special challenge for certain test-takers. While most questions are multiple-choice, some will be drag and drop or ask you to answer with a graph.
You need to score at least 700 of 1,000 on the exam, so that means you need to get at least 70% of all the questions right. With the computer world always changing and evolving, you will need the most relevant information possible to pass the exam.
What is the Pass Rate for the AZ-900 Exam?
The pass percentage for the AZ-900 is right around 70% of all people who take it. Meaning you will likely pass the first time you take it. However, it is best to be prepared so you can feel relaxed on the day of the exam.
How to Use an AZ-900 Practice Exam?
When you take AZ-900 practice exams, time yourself. See how long it takes for you to answer the questions and you’ll see if you need to speed up or if you can take a little more time.
You should also write down questions that you got wrong and their right answers to help you learn the most possible from the practice test. By writing it down, your brain remembers the information better for when you take the test or encounter another question like that on a practice exam.
There are two skills you gain by taking an Azure fundamentals practice test. The first is that you become a more efficient studier. You learn what is covered most on the AZ-900 exam and which areas you should spend the most time studying. You also learn which areas you need to study based on your wrong answers.
The second skill is that you become a faster test-taker. By exposing yourself to questions that were on previous versions of the exam, you learn how questions are formatted. When you familiarize yourself with the layouts, you start to be able to answer them faster because you understand them quicker.
AZ-900 Exam FAQs