Getting your Kentucky driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free Kentucky practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way. Our questions come right from the source - the Kentucky KYTC driver's handbook.
Free Kentucky Permit Practice Tests
Our free KY practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
Easier Way to Pass...Guaranteed!
Test-Guide recommends DMV Cheat Sheets
- Fastest way to prepare
- Q&A Study Guide
- Only $ 9.95
- How Many Questions are on the Kentucky Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the Kentucky Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in Kentucky?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in Kentucky?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in Kentucky?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in Kentucky?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in Kentucky?
- Is there anything else I need to know about getting my license in Kentucky?
Kentucky KYTC Resources
Kentucky KYTC Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 40 questions on the Kentucky permit test.
For the KY written test, you must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 32 questions
You may apply for a permit in Kentucky when you are at least 16 yearsold.
You can get your license in Kentucky when you have waited at least 6 months after you received your permit.
You can get your license in Kentucky when you have had the following supervised driving time: 60 hours, 10 of which must be at night.
The minimum age for a driver's license in Kentucky is: 16, 6 months
In Kentucky you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: midnight-6 a.m. and Passenger Restrictions: no more than 1 passenger younger than 20 unless supervised by a driving instructor secondary enforcement . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 6 months or age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 17) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 6 months or age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 17)
Kentucky law prohibits learner's permit holders from driving between midnight and 6 a.m. or from carrying more than one passenger younger than 20 unless supervised by a driving instructor. In Kentucky, license holders younger than 18 must complete a driver education course or a state-sponsored traffic school.