Getting your Louisiana driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free Louisiana practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way.
Our questions come right from the source - the Louisiana OMV driver's handbook.
Summary: Prepare for your Louisiana driving test with our free practice resources.
Free Louisiana Permit Practice Tests
Our free LA practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
- How Many Questions are on the Louisiana Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the Louisiana Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in Louisiana?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in Louisiana?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in Louisiana?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in Louisiana?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in Louisiana?
- Is there anything else I need to know about getting my license in Louisiana?
Louisiana OMV Resources
Louisiana OMV Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 40 questions on the Louisiana permit test.
For the LA written test, you must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 32 questions
You may apply for a permit in Louisiana when you are at least 14 years and 9 months old.
You can get your license in Louisiana when you have waited at least 6 months after you received your permit.
You can get your license in Louisiana when you have had the following supervised driving time: 50 hours, 15 of which must be at night .
The minimum age for a driver's license in Louisiana is: 16
In Louisiana you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: 11 p.m.-5 a.m. and Passenger Restrictions: no more than one passenger younger than 21 between the hours of 6 pm-5 am; no passenger restriction from 5 am-6 pm . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: until age 17 (min. age: 17) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: until age 17 (min. age: 17)
In Louisiana, driver education is required for a permit and an intermediate license if the applicant is younger than 18. People 18 and older must have completed a prelicensing training course including a minimum of 8 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction.