Getting your New Mexico driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free New Mexico practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way.
Our questions come right from the source - the New Mexico MVD driver's handbook.
Summary: Prepare for your New Mexico driving test with our free practice tests.
Free New Mexico Permit Practice Tests
Our free NM practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
- How Many Questions are on the New Mexico Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the New Mexico Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in New Mexico?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in New Mexico?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in New Mexico?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in New Mexico?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in New Mexico?
- Is there anything else I need to know about getting my license in New Mexico?
New Mexico MVD Resources
New Mexico MVD Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 25 questions on the New Mexico permit test.
For the NM written test, you must answer at least 72% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 18 questions
You may apply for a permit in New Mexico when you are at least 15 years old.
You can get your license in New Mexico when you have waited at least 6 months after you received your permit.
You can get your license in New Mexico when you have had the following supervised driving time: 50 hours, 10 of which must be at night .
The minimum age for a driver's license in New Mexico is: 15, 6 months
In New Mexico you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: midnight-5 a.m. and Passenger Restrictions: no more than 1 passenger younger than 21 . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months or until age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 16, 6 mos.) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months or until age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 16, 6 mos.)
In New Mexico, permit applicants younger than 18 must be enrolled in driver education. In New Mexico, license applicants younger than 18 must have completed driver education.