Getting your South Carolina driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free South Carolina practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way. Our questions come right from the source - the South Carolina DMV driver's handbook.
Free South Carolina Permit Practice Tests
Our free SC practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
Want an easier way to pass...guaranteed? We recommend DMV Cheat Sheets. Everything you need to know for only $ 9.95
- How Many Questions are on the South Carolina Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the South Carolina Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in South Carolina?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in South Carolina?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in South Carolina?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in South Carolina?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in South Carolina?
South Carolina DMV Resources
South Carolina DMV Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 30 questions on the South Carolina permit test.
For the SC written test, you must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 24 questions
You may apply for a permit in South Carolina when you are at least 15 years old.
You can get your license in South Carolina when you have waited at least 6 months after you received your permit.
You can get your license in South Carolina when you have had the following supervised driving time: 40 hours, 10 of which must be at night .
The minimum age for a driver's license in South Carolina is: 15, 6 months
In South Carolina you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: 6 p.m.-6 a.m. EST; 8 p.m.-6 a.m. EDT and Passenger Restrictions: no more than 2 passengers younger than 21 unless transporting students to and from school . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months and age 17 if intermediate license has been held for at least 6 months (min. age: 16, 6 mos.) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months and age 17 if intermediate license has been held for at least 6 months (min. age: 16, 6 mos.)