Getting your South Dakota driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free South Dakota practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way. Our questions come right from the source - the South Dakota MVD driver's handbook.
Free South Dakota Permit Practice Tests
Our free SD practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
- How Many Questions are on the South Dakota Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the South Dakota Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in South Dakota?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in South Dakota?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in South Dakota?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in South Dakota?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in South Dakota?
- Is there anything else I need to know about getting my license in South Dakota?
South Dakota MVD Resources
South Dakota MVD Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 25 questions on the South Dakota permit test.
For the SD written test, you must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 20 questions
You may apply for a permit in South Dakota when you are at least 14 years old.
You can get your license in South Dakota when you have waited at least 6 months (3 months with driver education) after you received your permit.
You can get your license in South Dakota when you have had the following supervised driving time: none.
The minimum age for a driver's license in South Dakota is: 14, 6 months (14, 3 months with driver education)
In South Dakota you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: 10 p.m.-6 a.m. and Passenger Restrictions: none . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: until age 16 (min. age: 16) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: none
In South Dakota, learner's permit holders may not drive between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. unless under the supervision of a parent or guardian.