Getting your Tennessee driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free Tennessee practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way. Our questions come right from the source - the Tennessee DOS driver's handbook.
Free Tennessee Permit Practice Tests
Our free TN practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
- How Many Questions are on the Tennessee Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the Tennessee Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in Tennessee?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in Tennessee?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in Tennessee?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in Tennessee?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in Tennessee?
- Is there anything else I need to know about getting my license in Tennessee?
Tennessee DOS Resources
Tennessee DOS Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 30 questions on the Tennessee permit test.
For the TN written test, you must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 24 questions
You may apply for a permit in Tennessee when you are at least 15 years old.
You can get your license in Tennessee when you have waited at least 6 months after you received your permit.
You can get your license in Tennessee when you have had the following supervised driving time: 50 hours, 10 of which must be at night.
The minimum age for a driver's license in Tennessee is: 16
In Tennessee you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: 11 p.m.-6 a.m. and Passenger Restrictions: no more than 1 passenger . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months or until age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 17) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months or until age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 17)
Learner’s permit holders in Tennessee may not drive from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.