Getting your West Virginia driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free West Virginia practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way.
Our questions come right from the source - the West Virginia DMV driver's handbook.
Summary: Take one of our WV permit tests below to practice for your exam.
Free Practice Permit Test WV
Our free WV practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
- How Many Questions are on the West Virginia Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the West Virginia Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in West Virginia?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in West Virginia?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in West Virginia?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in West Virginia?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in West Virginia?
- Is there anything else I need to know about getting my license in West Virginia?
West Virginia DMV Resources
West Virginia DMV Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 25 questions on the West Virginia permit test.
For the WV written test, you must answer at least 76% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 19 questions
You may apply for a permit in West Virginia when you are at least 15 years old.
You can get your license in West Virginia when you have waited at least 6 months after you received your permit.
You can get your license in West Virginia when you have had the following supervised driving time: 50 hours, 10 of which must be at night (none with driver education) .
The minimum age for a driver's license in West Virginia is: 16
In West Virginia you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: 10 p.m. - 5 a.m. and Passenger Restrictions: first 6 months—no passengers younger than 20; second 6 months–no more than 1 passenger younger than 20 . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months and age 17 or until age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 17) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months and age 17 or until age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 17)
In West Virginia, learner’s permit holders younger than 18 may not drive between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. and may not carry more than two passengers in addition to the supervising driver.