All NCCT NCMA Practice Tests
Take a free NCCT NCMA practice test below. We offer 5 different exams (all 100% free). Make sure to review the answer explanations at the end of each exam.
Our sample NCCT questions are an excellent way to study for your upcoming certification exam. Our sample tests require no registration (or payment). The questions are categorized based on the NCCT test outline (below) and are immediately scored at the end of the exam.
Once you are finished with the test, you will be presented with a score report which includes a complete rationale for every question you got wrong. If you like these NCCT practice questions, please share us with your friends and colleagues.
Other NCCT Study Resources
When preparing for your NCCT/NCMA certification exam, you may find these resources helpful:
|NCCT Candidate Handbook
|Not sure about something? This handbook should clarify all your questions.
|NCCT Detailed Test Plan
|Find very specific details about the exam in this official PDF.
|Medical Assistant Test Prep
|800+ practice questions to help you study.
NCCT NCMA Exam Overview
- Number of Questions: 150
- Time Limit: 3 Hours
- Question Types: 92% Will be Multiple-Choice. 8% Will be Alternative Questions (Hotspot, Drag-and-Drop, etc..).
The NCCT NCMA certification exam consists of 150 total questions. 125 of those questions will count towards your score, while 25 will be unscored pretest questions.
92% of the questions will be multiple-choice questions. 8% will be alternative questions like drag-and-drop, multi-select, and hotspot.
Candidates are given three hours to complete the test.
There are different topics and concepts tested on the NCCT medical assistant exam. Here is a breakdown of the exam:
- Pharmacology and General Medical Knowledge: 18 Questions
- Infection, Exposure and Safety Control: 15 Questions
- Patient Intake and Care: 32 Questions
- Phlebotomy: 15 Questions
- D ECG: 10 Questions
- Medical Administrative Duties: 15 Questions
- Law and Ethics: 20 Questions
Scoring of the NCCT NCMA Exam
You will receive a scaled score when taking this exam. Your scaled score takes the number of questions you answered correctly (raw score) and places them on a numerical scale of 0-100.
You must receive a scaled score of 70+ to pass the NCMA exam. You will know if you passed or failed the exam before leaving the testing center. You will get your formal score report within 24 hours.
NCCT NCMA Administration and Requirements
There are currently four routes of eligibility to take the NCCT Medical Assistant Exam:
- Route 1a: You are a current student of a NCCT authorized Medical Assistant program.
- Route 1b: You have graduated within the last 5 years from a NCCT authorized Medical Assistant program.
- Route 2: You have two or more years of full-time experience (verifiable) as a Medical Assistant within the last five years.
- Route 3: You have completed a Medical Assistant training program while serving in the U.S. Military within the last five years.
To register for your exam, you can visit the official website and create an account. You will need to submit your application and proof that you are eligible for the exam.
After you are approved to take the exam, you will be sent instructions on how to schedule your exam with Prometric (provider of the exam).
You can expect to pay $119 to take the NCCT NCMA exam.
NCCT NCMA Practice Test Benefits
There are many benefits of preparing for your NCMA exam with practice tests. Studying for your test using sample questions is highly effective. The advantages of using practice tests are:
- Improving Your Speed: The NCMA exam has an overall time limit of 3 hours. Although most students who take the exam feel that there is sufficient time, taking the practice tests with self-imposed timers helps you budget your time effectively.
- Focusing Your Study: As you take more and more practice exams you begin to get a feel for the topics that you know well and the areas that you are weak on. Many students waste a lot of valuable study time by reviewing material that they are good at. The most effective way to study is to concentrate on the areas that you need help on.
- Understanding the Test Format: Every standardized test has its own unique format. As you take practice NCMA tests you will become comfortable with the format of the actual test. Once the test day arrives you will have no surprises.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many questions are on the NCCT medical assistant test?
The NCCT NCMA exam consists of 150 total questions.
Of the 150 questions, 125 are scored and 25 are pretest questions that are not scored.
92% of the questions will consist of multiple choice questions with 4 answer choices. The other 8% are alternative question types (drag and drop, multi-select, etc…).
What is on the NCCT exam?
The NCCT exam is made up of 7 different content categories:
- Infection, Exposure and Safety Control
- Patient Intake and Care
- D ECG
- Medical Administrative Duties
- Law and Ethics
How do I study for the NCCT exam?
One of the best ways to study for the NCCT exam is by taking practice exams. Our practice exams will challenge you in all aspects of the NCCT exam and include answer explanations to help you better learn the material.