Our free TEAS practice tests will help you prepare for the TEAS exam. Students are tested on reading, English, math, and science. Take a practice exam in each of those categories below.
Our ATI TEAS practice test questions are scored automatically and include answer explanations so you understand why an answer was correct or incorrect.
The TEAS test is an important exam for any student considering applying to nursing school - make sure you are ready to pass the exam the first time!
Summary: Try out our free TEAS practice tests below. For more help, try out a TEAS prep course.
Free ATI TEAS Practice Tests
Use one of our TEAS practice tests below to prepare for your exam. The questions can be used for either the ATI TEAS 6 or ATI TEAS 7 exam.
TEAS Math Practice Tests
See Our Top Recommended TEAS Prep Course
- BoostPrep TEAS Prep Course - Most Comprehensive TEAS Prep Course
TEAS Reading Practice Tests
TEAS English Practice Tests
TEAS Science Practice Tests
Test-Guide.com’s sample ATI TEAS 7 test questions are the best way to prepare for your upcoming TEAS exam. Our TEAS exam practice tests require no registration, and best yet, are completely free!
The questions are categorized based on the exam outline and are immediately scored at the end of the quiz. Once you are finished with the TEAS practice test, you will be presented with a score report which includes a complete rationale and explanation for every question you answered incorrectly.
We are always adding more sample TEAS practice test questions, so be on the lookout for those!
Other TEAS 7 Practice Tests and Resources
|All-In-One TEAS Prep Course||Includes practice tests, study guides, and flashcards. One of the best paid options available. Highly recommended.||BoostPrep|
|Free TEAS Practice Test||Take a free 15 question practice test from BoostPrep.||BoostPrep|
|TEAS Math Flashcards||Additional flashcards for more help with TEAS Math.||Quizlet|
|TEAS Science Flashcards||Additional flashcards for more help with TEAS Science.||Quizlet|
What is the ATI TEAS TEST?
The ATI TEAS 7 test is used by many schools as an admissions test for candidates seeking entrance into a nursing program. The exam is similar in purpose to the SAT or ACT, and the exam is developed and administered by ATI.
ATI stands for Assessment Technologies Institute and they are the maker of the TEAS test. TEAS stands for Test of Essential Academic Skills and is used by many nursing schools as part of their candidate evaluation process.
The test is intended to assess a candidate’s aptitude in reading, math, science, and English and language usage. Studies have shown that the TEAS test is an accurate predictor of early success in various college programs.
The TEAS exam consists of 150 scored questions. Many students ask, "How long is the TEAS test" - candidates are given a total of 209 minutes to complete all four sections.
Test-Guide.com provides a TEAS practice test for each of the subtest topics. The TEAS nursing test is summarized below.
*Please note that the TEAS 7 will not go into effect until June 2022. You will likely take the ATI TEAS 6 exam if you take the exam before this date. However, keep in mind that the majority of the test is very similar so this is nothing to panic about.
The TEAS reading subtest is 64 minutes with 39 total questions.
The main purpose of this portion of the TEAS exam is to determine a student’s reading comprehension abilities. Students are presented with reading passages and asked questions about those passages. Question breakdown includes:
- Key Ideas and Details - 15
- Craft and Structure - 9
- Integration of Knowledge & Ideas - 15
The TEAS math subtest is 54 minutes with 34 total questions.
Question breakdown includes:
- Numbers & Algebra - 18
- Measurement & Data - 16
The TEAS science subtest is 63 minutes with 44 total questions.
Question breakdown includes:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology - 18
- Biology - 9
- Chemistry - 8
- Scientific Reasoning - 9
TEAS English and Language Usage
The TEAS English and language subtest is 28 minutes with 33 total questions.
Question breakdown includes:
- Conventions of Standard English - 12
- Knowledge of Language - 11
- Using Language and Vocab to Express Ideas - 10
(click on image to enlarge)
TEAS EXAM Study Tips
Where to Focus your TEAS study efforts for Higher Scores
- Understand what’s on each of the four tests (math, reading, science, and English and language usage)
- Focus on the material you struggle with the most
- Plan to study based on what you understand the most and how much time you have to prepare
- Identify what resourcs are available to you
- Identify the most conducive environment to studying
- Develop a flexible study schedule
- Do not "cram" study
- Study when you are most alert
How Much Time to SPend on Each TEAS Question
The TEAS 7 is a timed exam. To finish the exam, you need to keep pace. You’ll want to answer each question in less than this amount of time:
- Reading - 1 min 38 sec (64 minutes for 39 questions)
- Math - 1 min 35 sec (54 minutes for 34 questions)
- Science - 1 min 25 sec (63 minutes for 44 questions)
- English - 50 sec (28 minutes for 33 questions)
How to Practice for the ATI TEAS Exam
Practice makes perfect. Take as many TEAS practice exams as possible:
- Work to fully understand all the questions you get wrong
- Tackle one section of the exam at a time
- Take exams with self-imposed time limits
- Complete each exam question
Preparing for your exam with a free TEAS practice test is one of the best methods available. Using practice exams has many benefits, including:
- Focused Study Time – Students can get a sense of their strengths and weaknesses when they take practice exams. Many students mistakenly spend time practicing on areas that they are already strong on, and ignore their weaker areas. Be sure to really apply yourself.
- Improved Timing – The TEAS 7 exam is a timed test. To achieve a high score, students must keep a steady pace. Taking a TEAS practice exam in a timed format can improve decision making and time management.
- Enhanced Problem Solving – Tests like the TEAS assess your ability to solve problems, not just memorize information. It is critical to have strong problem-solving abilities to do well on the exam, especially the math portions. Our practice TEAS exams include rationales in the score reports which explain the correct answer to help you improve.
- Familiarity with Test Format – All standardized tests, including the TEAS, have their own unique way of presenting questions and answer choices. You will gain more familiarity and comfort with the TEAS question style as you take more practice quizzes. This way, on the real exam day, there will be no surprises!
Preparing for the Day of the TEAS Test
On Your TEAS exam date, be sure to bring:
- Photo ID – license, passport or greencard
- #2 Pencils – at least 2
- ATI Login Info
Items You Shouldn't Need on the Day of Your ATI TEAS Test:
- Additional clothes – This includes jackets, hats, and sunglasses
- Personal items – This includes purses and backpacks
- Electronics – No phones, calculators, and digital or smart watches
- Food/Drink – Not permitted unless medically necessary
You Can Expect the Following During Your TEAS Test:
- Calculators - These are provided
- Proctors – Will monitor the testing
- Breaks – 10-minute break is provided during math
- Issues – Raise your hand if you need to leave your seat, or for technical issues
For more information on the TEAS exam or to register, check out the official website.
How long is the TEAS test?
- TEAS Reading: 64 minutes
- TEAS Math: 54 minutes
- TEAS Science: 63 minutes
- TEAS English and Language Usage: 28 minutes
What is the difference between the ATI TEAS 6 and the ATI TEAS 7 exam?
ATI TEAS 6 Exam:
- Reading - 47 questions
- Math - 32 questions
- Science - 47 questions
- English - 24 Questions
ATI TEAS 7 Exam:
- Reading - 39 questions
- Math - 34 questions
- Science - 44 questions
- English - 33 questions
Some other differences include 2 times as many scored biology and chemistry questions, 7 more questions on measurement and data in the math section, and 14 less anatomy and physiology questions.
Will schools still accept my ATI TEAS 6 exam scores?
While it is up to the individual school, if you have already taken the TEAS 6 exam, the school should be able to use that score.
It is important to confirm with your school as each school has their own rules.
Are you allowed to use a calculator on the TEAS?
What is the composite score on the TEAS test?
Good Luck on Your TEAS Test Prep!
The TEAS Test is a standardized exam used in the admissions process by many nursing programs in the U.S. The exam is similar in purpose to the HESI. Some students may even have to take both the HESI and TEAS exams.
Both the TEAS and HESI tests are only one factor that schools use in their admissions processes, but it can be an important factor – so you should prepare and strive to do well on the test. Using a Test-Guide.com free TEAS practice test is a great start!
Last Updated: 3/11/2022