GED Practice Tests are the best way to prepare for your GED exam. GED sample questions are a great way to prepare for your upcoming GED tests. Test-Guide.com's free GED sample tests provide you with an opportunity to assess how well you are prepared for the actual GED exam. Once you have taken our practice GED questions, you will better know which areas you need to focus on.
Our sample quizzes are free, don't require you to register, and include immediate scoring and answer explanations.
Try Test-Guide's free GED practice tests or one of the other sample exams from our directory of Free GED Practice Tests listed below.
GED Practice Tests from Test-Guide.com
GED Math Practice Test Pool 1 (Note: These math questions are randomized, so please take the quiz multiple times.)
GED Math Practice Test Pool 2 (Note: These math questions are randomized, so please take the quiz multiple times.)
GED Reasoning Through Language Arts
GED Language Arts Reading Practice Test 1
GED Language Arts Reading Practice Test 2
GED Language Arts Reading Practice Test 3
GED Language Arts Reading Practice Test 4
GED Language Arts Reading Practice Test 5
GED Language Arts Reading Practice Test 6
Writing/Language Conventions and UsageGED Language Arts Writing Practice Test 1
GED Language Arts Writing Practice Test 2
GED Language Arts Writing Practice Test 3
GED Language Arts Writing Practice Test 4
GED Language Arts Writing Practice Test 5
GED Language Arts Writing Practice Test 6
GED Social Studies
For more help, please check out our recommended local GED Tutors
Test-Guide.com's sample GED questions are an excellent way to study for your upcoming GED exams. Our sample tests require no registration (or payment!). The questions are categorized based on the GED test outline and are immediately scored at the end of the quiz. Once you are finished with the quiz, you will be presented with a score report which includes a complete rationale (explanation) for every question you got wrong. We will be adding more sample test questions in the near future, so please come back often. If you like these GED practice questions, please make sure to like us on facebook!
GED Practice Tests from Other Providers
Please note: Test-Guide.com did not create any of the following practice tests, and cannot vouch for their quality.
Official GED Practice Test from GEDtestingservice.com - This is an official free practice test that is 1/4 length of actual ged exam. Please note that scoring is not included, you must select the "review explanation" button on each question to see if you got it correct.
Total Solution for the GED Test (PDF) – Book from REA.com that is specific to GED 2014 exam. Includes full length GED practice test.
Peterson’s Free GED Sample Questions – Peterson’s, a test preparation publisher, provides free sample GED questions.
McGraw Hill's Online Practice Tests:
- GED Language Arts, Reading Practice Test
- GED Language Arts, Writing Practice Test
- GED Math Practice Test
- GED Science Practice Test
- GED Social Studies Practice Test
Please let us know in the comments whether you found any of these practice tests useful, or if you have another provider to recommend.
Recommended GED Study Guides
If you really are serious about getting a top score on your test, you may want to consider purchasing a GED study guide. Test-Guide.com recommends the following study guide.
Test-Guide's Perspective: The most comprehensive GED review book available. Provides thorough coverage of all topics on the GED test, full length practice tests (in book with additional online) and online video instruction/explanations.
To see other study products, please see our list of recommended study guides.
GED Practice Test Benefits
There are many benefits of preparing for your GED exam with practice tests. Studying for your GED test using sample questions is one of the most effective study practices you can use. The advantages of using sample GED tests include:
- Concentrating Your Study - As you take more and more sample tests you begin to get a feel for the topics that you know well and the areas that you are weak on. Many students waste a lot of valuable study time by reviewing material that they are good at (often because it is easier or makes them feel better). The most effective way to study is to concentrate on the areas that you need help on
- Understanding the Test Format - Every standardized test has its own unique format. As you take practice GED tests you will become comfortable with the format of the actual GED test. Once the test day arrives you will have no surprises!
- Increasing Your Speed - The GED exams are all timed. Although most students who take the GED feel that there is sufficient time, taking the GED practice tests with self-imposed timers help you budget your time effectively.
- Strengthening Your Problem Solving Abilities - As you practice with our sample questions, and review the provided explanations, you will increase your ability to solve problems. Solid problem solving skills will be crucial for you to achieve a passing score on your GED exams, especially the GED mathematics portion.
GED (2014) Test Overview
In 2014 the format of the GED was changed. The new GED test consists of 4 separate content areas: Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA), Mathematical Reasoning, Science and Social Studies. The test is designed as a high school equivalency test - if you pass the GED, then you are assumed to have an education equivalent to a typical high school graduate.
The GED now has two score levels: GED Passing Score and GED with Honors. The GED Passing Score is the minimum score that demonstrates high school equivalent skills and abilities. The GED with Honors score demonstrates that the test taker is ready for a career and/or college.
The GED test is delivered on a computer and scoring is available on the same day. In most states you can take the same subject test up to three times without an additional waiting time. If you don't pass one of the GED subject tests after three attempts, you will be required to wait an additional 60 days before you try again.
If you have another source of free GED practice tests, please let us know in the comments and we can include it here.