Taking a GED pre test is a great way to determine if you are ready to take the real GED. One of the main benefits of GED pre test questions is that they allow you to get used to the format of the actual test questions. Pre GED practice tests also help you to determine the areas you know and the areas that you are weak on. If you are looking for free GED pre tests, then Test-guide.com is here to help. Many prospective GED students wish to take a GED pretest to determine if they are ready to take the real GED test. The resources below offer GED practice test free with no registration.
Many students are confused about how to prepare for the GED test, and have some of the following questions:
- Should I take a GED pre test? - Yes. Taking a sample GED test prior to the actual test has many benefits. A pre test allows you to get used to the format of the actual GED exam. The pre test questions also help pinpoint the areas that you need to study more. GED sample tests also help you get a feel for the timing of the actual exam. The main benefit of a GED pre test is that it helps you focus your study so that you can study smart - not hard!
- Where can I find free GED practice tests? - There are many source of GED practice tests, including books and online sample tests. Your local library is a good source for books if you don't want to invest in buying one yourself. There are many online GED practice tests, both free and paid.
- Are there any free GED courses online? - There are many GED courses available online. Use Test-Guide.com's Directory of Free GED Online Courses to help you choose.
- Is there a free printable GED practice test? - Some students prefer working with pencil and paper when they are taking their GED practice tests. If this describes you, please visit our list of free GED printable practice tests.
- Is there an official GED practice test? - Yes. The GED Testing Service offers an online GED practice test at http://www.gedtestingservice.com/learninghub. There is, however, a $10 fee to take the test.
Benefits of a GED pre test
Many students wonder if taking the time to do GED practice tests is worth it. The quick answer is - Yes! Studying for your GED by using sample questions is one of the most effective study practices. The benefits of using a GED pre test include:
- Gaining Familiarity With Test Format - Every standardized test, whether its the GED, SAT, ACT or another, has a very unique test format. The format of the test includes the style of the questions, the number of potential answers, the tricks that the question writers utilize and so on. The more familiar you are with the format of the test, the more likely you are to do well on the actual test.
- Improving Your Timing - The GED is a timed test. Overall, you are given 7 hours and 5 minutes to complete all areas of the test. Each individual section, however, has it's own time limit. On average, you have about 1.5 minutes per question. When you take a GED pre test, it is important that you keep a steady pace going, and insure that you are answering the questions in about 90 seconds or less.
- Identification of Weak Areas - One of the biggest benefits to taking a GED sample test is to help you identify the areas that you need work on. Taking a good practice test even before you begin your studies is a great way to "know where you stand". The practice test will help you identify the areas you are strong on and the areas where you will need help.
- Improving Problem Solving Abilities - Many of the questions on the GED, especially in the math area, require you to have good problem solving skills. If you are a good problem solver, you will be able to answer many questions, even if you are initially unsure of what the question is asking. Working with GED sample questions will help you improve your problem solving abilities.
- Focusing Your Study - If you have limited time for your GED preparation, using practice tests is a very efficient study method.
The GED Tests are comprised of five separate content area tests (mathematics, social studies, science, language arts/reading, and language arts/writing). The test questions are multiple choice and one written essay. The GED Tests provide adults a way to demonstrate that they have high school level academic skills and knowledge. Test-Guide.com also provides more Free GED Practice Tests to help you pass your GED test.
If you have another source of free GED practice tests, please let us know and we can include it on Test-Guide.com