If you are looking for GED printable practice tests, then you have come to the right place. The resources below will help you prepare for your upcoming GED.
Using sample questions to study for the GED is one of the most effective study techniques. When you study with practice worksheets you are able to get a feel for the format of the test.
You will also learn what areas you need to work on, improve your problem-solving skills, and focus your study efforts.
Summary: Use the free printable GED practice tests below. If you want to use an online test, visit our GED practice test home.
GED Printable Practice Tests
We have listed some of our favorite printable GED resources below. You can work your way through each GED PDF and see how you do.
|Full GED Printable Practice Exam||Take this full GED practice exam and print it out.|
|GED Social Studies Printable Practice Exam||Printable GED exam reviewing social studies.|
|GED Math Printable Practice Exam 1||Printable GED exam reviewing math.|
|GED Math Printable Practice Exam 2||Printable GED exam reviewing math.|
|GED Reading Printable Practice Exam||Printable GED exam reviewing reading.|
Many students are confused about how to study for the GED and have some of the following questions:
- Where can I find the official GED practice test? - The General Education Testing Development Service (GEDTS) publishes an official GED practice test that you can take online. However, these are not free and will require you to pay for them.
- Where can I find additional free practice? - You can use our free GED practice tests to prepare for your exam. All of our practice tests are automatically scored, include answer explanations, and are 100% free.
- What is the best way to study for the GED? - It depends on how you learn best, but most students will greatly benefit from taking practice exams. Practice exams allow you to become more familiar with the concepts and format before taking the actual exam.
- Where can I find a free downloadable GED practice test? - The table above has some free printable, downloadable practice tests. If you are looking for something that is automatically scored and taken online, check out our GED practice tests.
Other Study Methods
Although studying with practice tests is a very effective way to prepare for your GED tests, it should not be the only technique you use. You can utilize:
- Study Guides
- Video Lectures
Most students who have not attended school for a while will be rusty on many of the GED topics such as math and science.
There are a variety of ways to prepare for the GED. You can review our guide on how to study for the GED for more information.
The GED test is comprised of four separate content area tests:
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Social Studies
- Reasoning through Language Arts
The test questions are multiple choice as well as fill-in-the-blank, drag and drop, select an area, and drop-down. There is 1 one written essay.
The GED credential provides adults a way to demonstrate that they have high school level academic skills and knowledge.
For information about signing up for the test, please see our GED requirements overview.
When preparing for your upcoming exam, it is important to consider how you will be taking your exam.
In the past, you were only able to take your GED exam at an in-person testing center. However, now you can take your exam online or in-person.
If you will be taking the exam online, it may be best to practice taking the exam in an online environment.
Make sure you are using an online calculator and not using scrap pieces of paper when preparing for your exam - you will not be able to use a physical calculator or scrap pieces of paper if taking the GED exam online.