Getting your Hawaii driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free Hawaii practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way. Our questions come right from the source - the Hawaii driver's handbook.
Free Hawaii Permit Practice Tests
Our free HI practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
- How Many Questions are on the Hawaii Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the Hawaii Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in Hawaii?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in Hawaii?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in Hawaii?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in Hawaii?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in Hawaii?
- Is there anything else I need to know about getting my license in Hawaii?
Hawaii Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 30 questions on the Hawaii permit test.
For the HI written test, you must answer at least 80% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 24 questions
You may apply for a permit in Hawaii when you are at least 15 years 6 months old.
You can get your license in Hawaii when you have waited at least 6 months after you received your permit.
You can get your license in Hawaii when you have had the following supervised driving time: 50 hours, 10 of which must be at night .
The minimum age for a driver's license in Hawaii is: 16
In Hawaii you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: 11 p.m.-5 a.m. and Passenger Restrictions: no more than 1 passenger younger than 18 (household members excepted) . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 6 months and age 17 (min. age: 17) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 6 months and age 17 (min. age: 17)
In Hawaii, license applicants younger than 18 must have completed driver education.