Getting your Montana driver's license doesn't have to be hard. Use Test-Guide.com's free Montana practice permit tests to prepare for your exam the fast and easy way.
Our questions come right from the source - the Montana MVD driver's handbook.
Summary: Take a Montana DMV practice test to prepare for your exam.
Free Montana DMV Practice Tests
Our free MT practice exams don't require any registration or sign-up...and give you a score report with detailed explanations.
- How Many Questions are on the Montana Permit Test?
- What is the Passing Grade for the Montana Permit Test?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Permit in Montana?
- How Long Do I Have to Wait Before I Can Get a License in Montana?
- What is the Minimum Supervised Driving Time Before I Can Get a License in Montana?
- How Old Do I Have to Be to Get a Driver's License in Montana?
- What Restrictions Will Be on My Driver's License in Montana?
- Is there anything else I need to know about getting my license in Montana?
Montana MVD Resources
Montana MVD Drivers Test Information
There are a total of 33 questions on the Montana permit test.
For the MT written test, you must answer at least 90% of the questions correctly, which comes out to a total of 30 questions
You may apply for a permit in Montana when you are at least 14 years and 6 months old.
You can get your license in Montana when you have waited at least 6 months after you received your permit.
You can get your license in Montana when you have had the following supervised driving time: 50 hours, 10 of which must be at night .
The minimum age for a driver's license in Montana is: 15
In Montana you will have the following restrictions on your driver's license - Nighttime Restrictions: 11 p.m.-5 a.m. and Passenger Restrictions: first 6 months—no more than 1 passenger younger than 18; second 6 months—no more than 3 passengers younger than 18 . The Nighttime restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months or at age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 16) . The Passenger Restrictions will be in place until you reach the age of: 12 months or at age 18, whichever occurs first (min. age: 16)
In Montana, enrollment in or completion of driver education is required for permit applicants younger than 15. In Montana, license applicants younger than 16 must have completed driver education.